Monday, June 27, 2016

Social Networking Sites

I have different impressions of the following social networking sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest each of these sites are unique in their own way.

Facebook has more than one billion users. Once, I created a profile, I can upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with my friends, family and colleagues. Most of my friends and family have an account; it’s easier to communicate to each of them when they are outside the country with Facebook messenger. You can tag your friend if you download a picture. A member can make all his communications visible to everyone, he can block specific connections or he can keep all his communications private. Members can choose whether or not to be searchable!! This is an amazing tool Facebook has because I don’t want all my colleagues to see my page. I like some privacy.

I recently open a Twitter account since I use Facebook more often.  I know you only get 140 characters for each post. If you’re on Twitter, your bio will appear in the search results when people search for your name. I feel like Twitter is more for news sources.

In Instagram I find a lot of marketing and there’s not much text and no links. The photography from all the marketing is beautiful and eye catching. I find the pictures more vivid. I use a lot of hashtags in Instagram. You can also connect with new people when you use hashtags.

Pinterest is a great site where you can get unlimited ideas from food and drinks, weeding, birthdays, Holidays, fashion and more. The length of your description does matter. An image of chocolate chip pancakes might take you to the recipe; a picture of a whimsical birdhouse might take you to the instructions. I use Pinterest a lot to get different recipes ideas of food and drinks.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment